Artist, writer, musician, producer, dreamer & chief of propaganda for POST MILLENNIUM ROCK, SANANDA MAITREYA was born in New York, U.S.A. on March 15th 1962.
He plays the four basic instruments of Rock: drums, bass, guitar and keyboards; as well as a few others instruments besides.
From the beginning of his professional career he has personally written arranged and produced all his music and has also collaborated with other top artists and producers. He personally plays all the instruments in each one of his studio albums. Sananda started his career as Terence Trent D’Arby; in 1995 at the age of 33 he became Sananda Maitreya, which is since Oct 4th 2001 both his legal and new artistic name.
Sananda has been an active Internet presence since the late ‘90s and was one of the first major artists to add credibility to the current explosion and acceptance of the Internet music communication and digital world.
He presents his music as POST MILLENNIUM ROCK, a mix of many artistic styles such as: Opera, Country, Classical, Jazz, Blues, Gospel, Reggae, Pop and Rock.
PMR’s main elements are heart and soul, its nature is passion, courage and curiosity and it acknowledges no rules but the goal to lead the listener back to his heart, to provoke his mind and re-approach him to his true feelings.
The artist celebrates in 2017 the 30th anniversary of his first release as a solo artist.
- PROMETHEUS & PANDORA - TreeHouse Publishing 2017
- THE RISE OF THE ZUGEBRIAN TIME LORDS - TreeHouse Publishing 2015
- THE RISE OF THE ZUGEBRIAN TIME LORDS (Selected Instrumentals) - TreeHouse Publishing 2015
- RETURN TO ZOOATHALON - TreeHouse Publishing 2013
- RETURN TO ZOOATHALON (Instrumentals) - TreeHouse Publishing 2013
- THE SPHINX - TreeHouse Publishing 2011
- THE SPHINX (Instrumentals) - TreeHouse Publishing 2011
- Confessions of a Zooathaholic - TreeHouse Publishing - Live Album 2011
- NIGOR MORTIS - TreeHouse Publishing 2009
- NIGOR MORTIS (Instrumentals) - TreeHouse Publishing 2009
- Sign Your Name (Best Of) - Columbia/Sony 2009
- Lovers & Fighters - TreeHouse Publishing - Live Album 2008
- Camels at the Crossroads - TreeHouse Publishing - Live Album 2008
- Influenza in Firenze - TreeHouse Publishing - Live Album 2007
- ANGELS & VAMPIRES - Volume I & II - TreeHouse Publishing 2007
- ANGELS & VAMPIRES (Instrumentals) - TreeHouse Publishing 2007
- WILDCARD! - THE JOKERS’ EDITION - TreeHouse Publishing 2003
- GREATEST HITS - Columbia/Sony 2002
- VIBRATOR - CBS/Columbia 1995
- SYMPHONY OR DAMN - CBS/Columbia 1993
- NEITHER FISH NOR FLESH - CBS/Columbia 1989
- INTRODUCING THE HARDLINE ACCORDING TO TERENCE TRENT D’ARBY - CBS/Columbia 1987
- THE TOUCH - EARLY WORKS - Polydor 1987
P.S. the Press Office requests that the artist is presented exclusively as Sananda Maitreya in all articles, interviews, titles etc.
Thank you for the collaboration.
© 2017 TreeHouse Publishing